Sunday 25 October 2015

Chichester Lions Exhibition

Saturday , October 25th was the date of the Chichester Lions model railway show. Always an entertaining little show with a strong leaning towards entertaining the children there were, nevertheless some very nice exhibits.

Naturally, BRMRC was well represented. Following the children's entertainment theme Aldingbourne Central was there as usual and, also as usual, proved very popular with younger visitors. We also had two Club member's layouts there. Outstanding, of course, was Paul Hopkins' and John Wakeman's Portsea appearing in the December 2015 Railway Modeller, together with my own Slindon Vale railway which I would like to believe is also something a bit special.

Quite apart from these and a one or two other lovely "proper" model railways, backing on to myself and Paul was a running display of model trams in, I believe, the traditional sale of 3/4" to the foot. Old trams tend to be a wonderful example of Victorian engineering and art and I always find it wonderful to see these beauties recreated in such amazing detail.

An enjoyable show with, I believe, a good footfall in a good cause and plenty of our members there either assisting with our exhibits (for which I thank them) or simply as visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.